Chemonics seeks a Technical Director for the anticipated five-year USAID Prevention of Malaria through Vector Control based in Washington, DC. This program aims to support the US President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), as well as US Agency for International Development (USAID) Missions and Bureaus with malaria programs, in planning and implementing entomological monitoring, indoor residual spraying (IRS) and insecticide-treated mosquito net (ITN) programs and other proven, life-saving malaria vector control interventions with the overall goal of ending malaria faster. and with an emphasis on strengthening health systems and building capacity. the Technical Director will bear primary responsibility for the technical excellence of activity implementation. S/he will work with the with the Program Director in providing technical oversight of the program. S/he will ensure that the project activities are of high quality and adhere to PMI technical guidance and global policies best practices. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provides technical leadership, support and oversight of the project, ensuring that project activities are of high quality and adhere to PMI technical guidance and global best practices of IRS and ITN campaigns;**
- Oversee implementation of project workplans, and conduct process evaluation in collaboration with other project staff to ensure the project remains on course to implement planned activities.
- Provide technical support, mentorship and coaching to regional teams and field office leadership to ensure vector control activities are implemented according to global practices and expectations.
- Convene technical meetings with regional and country teams to review performance, share lessons learned and best practices.
- Stay abreast with malaria innovations and breakthroughs, and provide technical leadership in the development of systems to integrate and scale-up of these innovations.
- Keep abreast of, and in some cases help contribute to/refine, PMI technical guidance, relevant WHO guidance, and relevant technical literature;
- Contributes to the planning and implementation of work plans and will identify/develop, as relevant, new approaches and techniques to achieve successful performance;
- Provides guidance and training, when needed, to country-based Country Directors and/or subject matter experts;
- Fosters and demonstrates a workplace including of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation and exceeding expectations;
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
A master’s degree in public health or a related field; A doctoral degree (MD or PhD) will be an added advantage.
· At least ten years of senior-level experience in implementation of malaria vector control programs.
· Demonstrated capacity to operate within the malaria international community and function as a leader on matters of malaria control and prevention in developing countries.
· Demonstrated experience providing capacity building to National Malaria Control Programs in sub-Saharan Africa
· Effective English oral and written communication skills is required.
Ability to interact professionally in one or more of the following foreign languages (Spanish, Portuguese, or French) is preferred, but not required.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.