Dengue fever and different mosquito-borne illnesses improve within the monsoons and are preventing infections with these highly effective dwelling cures
Updated Sep 06, 2020 | 11:29 IS
The arrival of the monsoons has brought the insecurity of mosquito-borne diseases, particularly dengue fever. Read about some effective home remedies that can help you keep dengue symptoms at bay.
Dengue fever and other mosquito-borne diseases increase in the monsoons and are fighting infection with these powerful home remedies. Photo credit: iStock Images
- Dengue fever is one of the most common mosquito-borne diseases and is caused by dengue virus (DNEV), which is a member of the Flaviviridae family
- According to the WHO in 2019, dengue fever affected all regions of the world and 4.2 million cases were recorded
- There is currently no definitive treatment for dengue fever. However, pain relievers, fever reducers, and some home remedies can be used to treat dengue symptoms
New Delhi: As much as people appreciate the sound of raindrops and the smell of damp soil that comes with the monsoons, the abundance of infections and allergies associated with it also enrages people. The monsoon season brings ideal breeding conditions for mosquitoes, which lead to the development of diseases such as chikungunya, malaria and dengue. Dengue fever can be fatal if it is not recognized and treated in a timely manner. It is transmitted through the bite of an infected female mosquito named Aedes. Initially, it can be neglected due to its regular flu-like symptoms. However, as dengue fever progresses it can develop into hemorrhagic fever, which causes an impaired circulatory system, bleeding, and abdominal pain. Some symptoms associated with dengue infection include:
- High fever
- Low blood pressure
- Strong headache
- Rashes on the skin
- Severe muscle and joint pain
Home remedies for dengue fever
It is recommended that you consult a doctor if you experience any of these symptoms. There are no specific treatments for dengue fever. However, here are some home remedies you can try to deal with dengue:
- Fenugreek (or methi) leaves: These can have a calming effect on the body and can be helpful in treating muscle pain and allowing the body to rest. It can also help reduce a fever.
- Giloy: Giloy is one of the most famous herbs in Ayurveda and has miraculous effects on the body. It can help lower body temperature, control metabolic rate, fight infections, and strengthen the immune system.
- Turmeric or Haldi: Turmeric has been used for medicinal purposes since ancient times. It has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antiseptic properties. It can help strengthen the immune system as well as the metabolism.
- Papaya leaves: The body’s platelet counts tend to decrease when infected with dengue fever. Papaya leaves can help you increase the number. It’s also a rich source of vitamin C and antioxidants. Consumption of these nutrients can lead to stress relief, boost immunity, and relieve symptoms such as fatigue, body pain, and nausea.
- Orange juice: Citrus fruits contain vitamin C, which effectively strengthens the immune system. Ingesting orange juice can help initiate cell repair, fight infection, and detoxify the body. It can also help keep the body hydrated.
Disclaimer: The tips and suggestions in the article are for general informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or professional healthcare provider with specific questions about medical issues.
Get the latest health news, healthy eating, weight loss, yoga and fitness tips, and more updates on Times Now