Pacific Daily News
Published 3:09 am EST February 24, 2020
The Ministry of Public Health and Social Services will begin distributing mosquito nets on Tuesday.
Public Health is working with the Guam Mayor’s Council to distribute the donated mosquito nets.
Residents can pick up the nets on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the Astumbo Senior Citizens Center, the Tamuning Gym and the Agat Community Center.
More: 150 tax refunds this week
More: Waste studies will help develop solutions
The distribution of the networks will be a priority for vulnerable populations and people living in substandard houses, or for people with tin roofs / walls, without air conditioning and without screen doors, a statement from Public Health said.
Vulnerable populations include the homeless and people who live in areas at high risk for dengue fever, such as Swamp Road, Never Mind Road, owned by the CHamoru Land Trust, and the 200 meters radius of areas where there is a case of Dengue fever was detected, publication stated.
According to Public Health, people who meet the prioritized criteria can visit one of the locations at the specified dates and times to pick up a network.
Public Health received 5,000 mosquito nets from the CDC Foundation last week as part of their donation to help Guam fight dengue fever.
It is the second part of a donation from the CDC Foundation that originally included the delivery of approximately 5,000 insect repellent sprays in January.
Dengue fever is transmitted through the bite of mosquitoes infected with the dengue virus. The best way to prevent dengue fever is to prevent mosquito bites.
Please call your mayor’s office if you have any further questions about mosquito net distribution:
- Agana Heights: (671) 472-6393 / 8285/6
- Agat: (671) 565-2524 / 31
- Asan-Maina: (671) 472-6581 / 479-2726
- Barrigada: (671) 734-3737 / 734-3859
- Chalan Pago-Ordot: (671) 472-8302 / 3/7173
- Dededo: (671) 632-5203 / 5019 / 637-9014
- Hagatna: (671) 477-8045 472-6379
- Inarajan: (671) 475-2509 / 10/11
- Mangilao: (671) 734-2163
- Merizo: (671) 828-8312 / 2941
- Mongmong-Toto-Maite: (671) 477-6758 / 9090 479-6800 / 6801
- Piti: (671) 472-1232 / 3
- Santa Rita: (671) 565-2514 / 4337 565-4302 / 04
- Sinajana: (671) 472-6707
- Talofofo: (671) 789-1421 / 3262 789-2010 (gym)
- Tamuning Tumon Harmon: (671) 646-5211 / 8646
- Umatac: (671) 828-2940 828-8251 / 52/58
- Yigo: (671) 653-5248 / 9446/9199
- Yona: (671) 789-4798 / 0012/1525/6 789-1524 (gym)